Default Nerve blocks (64400 - 64450) with fluoroscopic guidance 77002
Please enlighten me here. In the CPT book, it does not indicate fluoroscopic guidance (77003) is included in cpt code 64400 - 64450. Insurance company/Medicare always denies payment on this combination. When we code it with ultrasound guidance (76942), insurance always pays for it.
I understand that 76942 and 77003 are mutual exclusive.
Can anyone please educate me in here?
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join