I am also researching this information. Our AHLTA system is prompting the providers to use V21.2 after age 12. Cannot find any official guidelines on the age cut-off for the use of V20.2. We have always used age 17 as the cut-off, then V70.0 for 18 and above. Any information would be appreciated.
Sue Leggieri, RHIT, CPC
National Navy MC, Outpt Coding Consultant
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join