High risk indicators should be documented as a routine screening for said history aand billed as a screening for said histori i.e. V76.51, v12.72.
The modifiers Pt and 33 are only to indicate when a procedure became diagnostic due to findings such as a polyp. Pt is only for medicare and their guidelines are currently very messy for it's use. Currently we have found the only carrier accepting the 33 modifier for it's specified use is Anthem.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join