342.10 - 342.12 SPASTIC HEMIPLEGIA AND HEMIPARESIS AFFECTING UNSPECIFIED SIDE -SPASTIC HEMIPLEGIA AND HEMIPARESIS AFFECTING NONDOMINANT SIDE
Anti-spasmodic drugs administered intrathecally (e.g., baclofen) to treat chronic intractable spasticity are addressed in the Infusion Pump NCD Pub. 100-3 Sec. 280.14. The CPT description of procedure codes 62310, 62311, 62318 and 62319 include anesthetic, antispasmodic, opioid, steroid, other solution; therefore the spasticity conditions are included in this LCD.
Do you not have a statement such as this in the LCD for the Medicare carrier you are billing? Or is it commercial carriers you are having the problem. They might not have these types codes set up in their software and you will have to appeal with explantation of the treatment.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join