If the only reason the patient was in for for the administration of a rapid strep with no face to face visit with the physician, then you cannot bill the 99211 as the incident to provisions have not been met. To use a 99211 for ancillary personnel it must a followup encounter as ordered by the physician in a previous encounter for the same reason, have had strep in the past does not count. And the provider must be onsite. So a visit for a rapid step is the code for the lab only as there has been no face to face involvement by the provider.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join