As per my understanding, YES, the Assistant surgeon ( the assisting Surgeon at Surgery) will report with the modifier 80. The question of -82 does not apply to your cardiology department as per its policy/and institional policy, (as your cardiac surgeons Made it a "policy''.
This holds good with other subspecialties like Neurosurgery, renal transplant surgery cardiothoracic surgery etc
The bottom line is it is at the discretion of the specialty surgeons and policy to include the residents or not, into the system of surgeries. In such situations the 82 is not applicable.
Kindly read through the previous thread Modifier -62 and -66 and the postings therein. You will understand better.
Does this make sense? I think it is, very well.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join