Post op care is any visit that relates to the surgery, including incisional care within the global period. There is no limit to post op visits within a global period. Whatever the physician see's fit.
"Normal" complications are generally included in your post op visits, and not separately billable.
If the patient needs a return trip to the OR due to complications, then that surgery is billable.
Google "medicare global surgery package" for a good definition.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join