Was it a POST-ABORTION insertion or IUCD insertion another day after abortion procedure?
Well, if she comes for IUD insertion, after abortion :
E/M service , with a significant separately identifiable E/M Service, with modifier -25,
plus 58300 IUD insertion, HCPCS code J7300 (copper IUD for reporting the supply).
Diagnosis codes are V25.1(insertion of IUD), and if counseling and advice done during this encounter, then 25.09 also would also be reported.
If she came for post abortal follow up, V24.2 can be assigned .
Does this serve your purpose?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join