7/3 = 99218-99220 depending on documentation, plus total observation hours.
7/4 = 99224-99226 depending on documentation
7/5 = 99221-99223 depending on documentation
7/6 = 99231-99233 depending on documentation
7/7 = 99231-99233 depending on documentation
7/8 - 99238-99239 depending on documentation
per coding clinic, if a patient is admitted to inpatient status from observation, only the inpatient e/m is used, unless the patient goes to a long term care facility. also, the physician has to complete a new H&P for the inpatient stay because observation is an outpatient service. at least that is what I have been told, and this is what our facility practices. not sure what other facilities do on the H&P part of it though....
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join