Hello, I hope the following information will help you !
According the AMA CPTÂ® Assistant January 2000 Volume 10 Issue 1
"CPT codes 62310-62319 are unilateral procedures. These codes are reported once per level, per side, regardless of the number or type of injections performed per level, per side. Therefore, it is inappropriate to report the spinal injection code(s) for each injection performed at a particular level and side. However, if both sides of the same spinal level are injected, then modifier -50 should be appended to the specific injection procedure code to indicate that bilateral procedures were performed. If injections are performed at different spinal levels (eg, C2 and C4), then the spinal injection codes are reported for each level of the spinal region involved"
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join