Procedure during global period

1. Post Procedure during global period
    Medical Coding Books
    I have a patient that is post op from bicep tendon reconstruction and week later blisters formed on top and around the inscision site. Patient was told to go to ER on and he was evaluated by the physician and H&P was done by the previous performing surgeon. During the ER visit in the ER the same doctor evacuated and cleaned the incision site with peroxide and betadine superficially and dressed with 4x4. Patient was admitted into the hospital 7-2 and discharged on 7-4. The same physician followed up with the patient on 7-3 and 7-4.

My question is I am having trouble finding the CPT code for the evacuation since there was no infection? and can I still code for the ER visit as well for the other two visits for subsequent visits or is the other two visits considered global?
    Any input would be a great help.

2. Default
    Second request for help on surgery and er visit. please help

If I'm reading correctly, it sounds as though patient was admitted for complications from the surgery; therefore, all E/M's are included in the global period.

4. Default
    What about the evacuation and cleaning of the blisters with peroxide and betadine

5. Default
    Also are you saying not even the first evaluation at the er can be billed an h&p was done

Quote Originally Posted by amartinez1 View Post
    What about the evacuation and cleaning of the blisters with peroxide and betadine
    I think 10140 may be the right code for evacuation of blisters.

Quote Originally Posted by mhanson1 View Post
    If I'm reading correctly, it sounds as though patient was admitted for complications from the surgery; therefore, all E/M's are included in the global period.
    I also agree with this.