AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Ncci edits confusion

Post Ncci edits confusion

AAPC: Back to School
    Surgery performed was partial patellectomy with reconstruction of the patella tendon.
    OP reads: complete and displaced left patella fracture involving 6 fragents, Multiple fragments were excised at the patella and then it goes on to explain the patella tendon reconstruction/repair.
    I came up with 27350(partial patellectomy) and 27380 for reconstruction of the patella tendon.
    My question is if these two codes can be coded together? according to NCCI edits it has a 1 in which I believe a modifier can by pass the edit but not sure.

Per the AAOS Complete Global Service Data, repair of the patellar tendon (27380) is included under CPT code 27350, patellectomy, so I would ONLY bill 27350.

Is there any way you might be able to send me a copy of that from the book my physician is the kind that he needs to see proof. I dont have that book and I know it will help me out but it is so expensive and he doesnt want to buy it. Thanks a bunch. If emmail would be better angelica.martinez81@yahoo.com

Similar Threads

1. NCCI Edits
    By meganbruce in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 10:46 AM
  2. Ncci edits
    By g.fairchild in forum Medicare Regulations
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 09:43 PM
  3. NCCI edits vs Mutually exclusive edits
    By uhlerclarem in forum Medicare Regulations
    Replies: 1