I would go for 642.7x because the patien has the coexisting conditions/ and documented PIH (preeclampsia) and chronic hypertension.
Preeclampsis with hypertension has the synonym or in other words called as " Preeclampsia superimposed on preexisting Hypertension" - 642.7x
This diagnosis should be suspected if there is a sudden increase in proteinuria or hypertension, thrombocytopenia develops, or liver enzyme levels are abnormal in women with chronic hypertension after 20 weeks' gestation
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join