Bundled into what? Into a more extensive procedure? Into other bronch procedures?
A diagnostic bronchoscopy (31622) is designated as a "separate procedure" and is considered an integral component of other services so many times you will not bill this with other procedures (not to mention, most surgeons perform a diagnostic bronch to get a "lay of the land" before performing thoracic surgery, like a lobectomy of the lung, and so you would not bill separately for this in those cases).
When multiple bronchoscopy procedures are performed, I bill for all of them. Payment on the first code will be paid at 100% and the subsequent bronch codes will be paid based on endoscopic payment rules.
Whenever in doubt about bundling though, check CCI for edits.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join