I don't know why Cigna would bundle these codes. I would believe that Medicaid did simply because Medicaid will bundle anything it can to pay less!
These codes do not bundle under CCI and I always billed them together. However, they do get paid based on endoscopic payment rules. In this case, CPT 31623 has the same RVUs as the base code (which is 31622). Once you subtract the RVUs of the base code, there aren't any RVUs left so no payment would be made on 31623.
Are you sure Cigna bundled these codes because they may have just paid based on these payment rules.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join