Duplex ultrasound URL of this page: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003433.htm
.A duplex ultrasound is a test to see how blood moves through your arteries and veins.
The test combines traditional ultrasound with Doppler ultrasonography. Regular ultrasound uses sound waves that bounce off blood vessels to create pictures. Doppler ultrasound records sound waves reflecting off moving objects, such as blood, to measure their speed and other aspects of how they flow.
There are different types of duplex ultrasound exams. Some include:
â€¢Arterial and venous duplex ultrasound of the abdomen examines blood vessels and blood flow in the abdominal area.
â€¢Carotid duplex ultrasound looks at the carotid artery in the neck.
â€¢Duplex ultrasound of the extremities looks at the arms or legs.
â€¢Renal duplex ultrasound examines the kidneys and their blood vessels.
*****this is what i got for a Doppler study
.This test uses ultrasound to examine the blood flow in the major arteries and veins in the arms and legs.
How the Test is PerformedThe test is done in the ultrasound or radiology department or in a peripheral vascular lab.
To examine the veins:
A water-soluble gel is placed on a handheld device called a transducer, which directs the high-frequency sound waves to the artery or veins being tested.
To examine the arteries:
Blood pressure cuffs may be put around different parts of the body, including the thigh, calf, ankle, and different points along the arm. A paste is applied to the skin over the arteries being examined. Images are created as the transducer is moved over each area.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Code Lookup with AAPC Coder
- Coding Data Files
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 Code Converter (FREE)
- Other ICD-10 Codes / Resources
- CPT Codes
- HCPCS Codes
- E/M Analyzer (FREE)
- CPT RVU Calculator (FREE)
- Risk Adjustment Search (FREE)
- PQRS Measure Search (FREE)
- Health Plan / Provider Policy Search (FREE)
- MACRA Calculator
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join