Both has to be reported.
Hysterectomy code could incorporate (bundle) oopherectomy ( removal of the ovary), but not cystectomy.
O. Cystectomy is removal of the cyst from the ovary but nor removal of the ovary.
The points for separately reporting are:
1.Ovarian cystectomy is not a component of the comprehensive code hysterectomy.
2. It is a distinct procedure of its own merits on another organ during the same session, the description of which is not included in the comprehensive procedural code, neither.
So it is to be reported separately but would be with modifier-51 appended to 58925
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join