The ICD-9 CM manual will lead you to code 782.2 (localized superficial swelling, mass, or lump; subcutaneous nodules), which although generic will work for this diagnosis. Code 786.6 (Swelling mass or lump in chest) is specific to the chest area and Code 611.72 (lump or mass in breast) is specific to the breast and should not be used, and 611.89 (Other specified disorders of breast) is also specific to a breast disorder which this is not, even though axillary and breast procedures are often associated and performed during the same session.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join