Injection codes

Question Injection codes
    Exam Training Packages
    code 93568. My Doc did 4 seperate hand injections. In Incoder Pro it says that add on codes 93567 and 93568 are not subject to multiple procedure rules. I take it that I may bill for the # of times he does this injection during the procedure. I'm billing it in addition to the cath code 93451. Am I correct to be able to bill this code multiple times?

Quote Originally Posted by haugdebbie View Post
    code 93568. My Doc did 4 seperate hand injections. In Incoder Pro it says that add on codes 93567 and 93568 are not subject to multiple procedure rules. I take it that I may bill for the # of times he does this injection during the procedure. I'm billing it in addition to the cath code 93451. Am I correct to be able to bill this code multiple times?
    The number of injections needed to perform a supravalvular aortography (93567) or pulmonary angiography (93568) is irrelevant, the procedure(s) is (are) coded once along with the appropriate primary catheterization code.

"Do not submit individual injection codes 93462-93464 or 93563-93568 more than once per patient encounter". Zhealth Publishiing Cardiovascular Coding Reference 2011.

HTH
    Danny L. Peoples
    CIRCC,CPC

Similar Threads

1. Injection Codes
    By andrea8255@yahoo.com in forum Family Practice
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 12:03 PM
  2. injection codes - Can someone give me
    By jstrickler in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM