I too am in Washington and work for an ASC and we do lots of conscious sedation. As the ASC is providing the medication and the nursing staff that the physician directs to do the CS; the physician legally should not bill 91444. By doing so you are double billing the patient for the anesthesia (CS). Physicians can legally peform CS in an ASC as long as the have as their ACLS is current and they are credentialed to do so.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join