CPC-A looking for work and experience in the St. Albans, VT area

Default CPC-A looking for work and experience in the St. Albans, VT area
    Medical Coding Books
    I passes my CPC exam on May 28, 2011 and am looking to gain experience in this rewarding field in the St. Albans, VT area. I have over twenty years of clerical experience, just finished classes to upgrade my computer skills (Excel, Word). Will forward resume and references upon request. Many thanks--

congratulations on completing your coursework and passing the national exam! If your clerical experience is in the medical profession, you should be able to make a relatively seamless transition to coding. But be prepared to do follow up; it's experience with coding in reverse. You will not make as much, but its a toe on the road of this career path. Don't be alarmed if you live hand to mouth for awhile...its all about beefing up your resume. Two years in, you could be doing better than you imagined. No other certification seems to have the return on investment like CPC. Believe in yourself and your ability to write a stellar cover letter. Good luck!
    petlorilea

Thanks, it's just finding that one employer who will give me the opportunity to gain experience in coding. Any suggestions?

Similar Threads

1. CPC-a looking for work experience in Cincinnati, Oh
    By kad1961 in forum Resume Postings
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 09:41 AM
  2. Experience CPC Looking for Remote Work
    By pandorarose3 in forum Resume Postings
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 04:13 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 04:37 AM
  4. CPC-A looking for work to gain experience