I have a question regarding CPT code 12001.
Above the code in the CPT book under the section header, it states sum of lengths of repairs for each group of anatomic sites. My question is, I have a patient who lacerated their 3rd and 4th digits of their hand and each wound was 1.5 cm in length.
I am confused if since both wounds were on the same hand, different fingers if this is considered the same anatomic site. Can anyone help me with this?
If these are the same anatomic site, I will add both wounds up which will change the code from 12001 to 12002. If they are considered different sites, I will keep the code and add a modifier to the second 12001 billed (I think).
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join