anatomic site meaning... skin is one continuous site, however if you notice certain areas of the skin are grouped together within the repair code section. If you have multiple repairs of the same type in the same area grouping then you add the lengths together. So for instance if you had two repairs on the hand and one on the face all simple repairs, you would add the lengths of the hand repairs together and report one repair code and then code the face repair as a separate code. So in your instance you would add the 2 finger lengths together and code one repair code, 12002 (assuming they were both simple repairs)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join