AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Mobile x-ray billing for same dos

Question Mobile x-ray billing for same dos

AAPC: Back to School
    I need help! I work for a billing company in Illinois and we have a client in California that does mobile x-ray's for skilled nursing facilities. Most of the patient's have Medicare as their insurance. I need to know how to bill for a return to the skilled nursing facility and get paid for the transportation (R0070) and set-up (Q0092) and x-ray when it's the same date of service. Thanks, any help is greatly appriciated!
    Last edited by melindaj; 07-18-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Barren River Kentucky

Can you check with the Medicare intermediary? There may be something in writing there that will describe it. If I could not get an answer that way, I would submit it all on the same claim form and see what happens. Sometimes it is easier to do it the right way when you have a denial, quoting documentation supporting the denial. Then I can go to that documentation and find the right way. I hope this helps

Default Mobile US place of service

We go to a clinic that is not affiliated with my providers and that we don't lease a space and bring our US machine. We perform the US and interpret it. What would be the place of service? I am being told our clinic location since they bring the US machine back and do the intrepation there but I am not sure since the face to face was done at someone elses clinic.