When our doctor's perform an intra operative consultation along with surgery we usually bill a low level inpatient consult with -57 and the surgery CPT code. If he does not perform surgery on the patient he usually has more time to review the history and give a more detailed exam and the consults are billed at the higher lever. He dictates the consult on his operative report so we can pick up together. Not sure if that is what you are asking but we use inpartient consult codes along with the correct surgery code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join