If the debridement is for the same wound muscle and subcutaneous the 11042 is bundled in to 11043. See CCI edits you would only bill the 11043. If you have two ulcers dribrided subcutaneous left leg and muscl right leg than you can append the modifier 59 and bill both.
Hope this helps!
For resources I would get the NHIC LCD on debridements and look in the Physicial therapy LCD for 97597-97605 wound procedures.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join