Posts elsewhere have suggested that test results that are nomal would not necessarily meet the threshold of medical necessity.
However, if documentation indicates the patient's std exposure complicates an existing treatment plan, medication management or management of an acute or chronic condition, it may meet the threshold for medical necessity.
If documentation is adequate, you may be able to code for counseling based on time spent face-to-face with the patient. There are numerous posts regarding time based office visits.
In short, it depends on the documentation generated by the provider for this visit.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join