I have a 9 yo male who has a fracture of the proximal humerus. He was diagnosed in the ED on 7/14. On 7/18 he wason his way to in to see ortho and was in a car wreck. He was transported by EMS to the same ED. He was diagnosed with multiple contusions/abrasions and had the humerus fracture xrayed as a precaution. No changes in the fracture. How do you code this fracture, as it was preexisting. It is not history of, it is not old, it is not aftercare......help.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join