That very situation happens to us too in our ASC, and it is because BCBS won't send the payment to to the facility. It's unfortunate, but we do sue patients that keep the money too. We have explained to them how the process is going to work, and they sign papers stating they will turn the checks over to us. It's a shame it has to come to this, but what other choice do the facility owners have. Very interesting, I'm sure this is happening all over the country. If you ask me, this could all be avoided if BCBS would send the payment to the facility. Luckily this doesn't happen very often though. Most people are honest and do the right thing.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join