Thanks to my wonderful CPC co-worker, I have this answer. While I was in the discussion forum she went out on the AAPC website and found just what we need.
We did not know about the JW modifier that we must use to designate the amount of waste, so we also learned something new.
For interested coders: Bill the injectible with correct dosage given and on second line bill the waste with JW modifier for the units wasted. The amount administered and the amount wasted must be billed on seperate lines, but on the same claim.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join