96102, 96103/92119,96120 are the codes for tests administered by a technician-per hour. Here are billing examples from CMS regarding what can be billed based on provider/testing and integration of the test results.
Can more than one CPT code for psychological or neuropsychological testing be billed together on the same date of service for the same patient if all of the testing is administered by a technician and/or computer?
Yes. The technician-administered code (96102/96119) is billed based on the number of hours that the technician spends face-to-face with the patient. The computer-administered testing code (96103/96120) is billed once regardless of the time spent completing the tests. Note, however, that when testing is administered by a technician or a computer, the time that the physician/psychologist spends interpreting and reporting the results of each individual test is already included in each of these codes.Here is the CMS link to the top 8 questions and answers for billing this type of testing. (if the answers don't come up quickly, just type neuropsychological into the page search box and hit search)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join