several hundred head of cattle: HPI Context
and wonders if he should have new orthotics made or if he should have the current orthotics refurbished: Past History
gradual, over time: HPI Timing
increase in width: HPI Quality
of his feet: HPI Location
He continues to wear either a lace-up work boot or a casual shoe with the orthotics: HPI Modifying Factors
It was kind of tricky to place these with the usual elements, just because they don't fit quite as neatly as most problems. This is excellent documentation of HPI, though. You've got an Extended HPI and 2/3 PFSH in this portion of the note alone. Remember, though, that for new patients, you have to have 3/3 PFSH to consider it 'Complete'
If you've got at least 2 ROS documented, then your overall history should be Detailed. Hope that helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join