If you read the code description, you see that you need all 3 components. If you have different levels (exam is one, MDM is another), you have to take the LOWEST level. For example, exam is detailed, MDM is high, exam is comprehensive....you have to pick 99221 because that is the only one where all 3 components are met. Understand? If I need to explain further, just post again, but I'm sure that will help.
Good luck on your exam!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join