This is something I fought hard with E clinical works and the trainers. They tell the docs that they can customize the ICD descriptors to say anything they want and consequently there is no integrity in the data base. you will have a single code that has many different descriptors in your system and maybe none will match the book. The progress notes should not contain the codes at all. this is something else I find wrong with many EHR systems, but you can have that stopped. The vendor can fix that for you and have the codes stop populating to the progress notes. We even had the system fixed to allow the doctors to not pick the codes at all, they were allowed to pend it without the codes and the coder could select the codes. We found this was the best solution for everyone.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join