2. You can bill for the second repair if another repair is done; you'd want to use modifier 77 to indicate that it's a repeat of the same procedure by another physician.
3. 23031 is probably the more appropriate code for this situation, but it's hard to say without seeing the actual note. 10180 is only for the integumentary system, but since the area being drained is in the shoulder bursa, then you'd need to reflect that by choosing a code from the musculoskeletal system.
Hope that helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join