The definitions of 'arteriosclerosis' and 'cardiovascular' are a little different, your code selection would need to be based on the actual description of the codes in relation to the actual diagnosis listed.
414.00 Coronary artheroderosis of unspecified type of vessel, native, or graft.
Arteriosclerosis: thickening or hardening of the walls of the arteries.
This code is used the type of vessel, native, or graft being affected by the arteriosclerosis is unspecified.
429.2 Unspecified cardiovascular disease.
Cardiovascular: relating to the heart and blood vessels.
This code is used when the type of cardiovascular disease is unspecified.
Hope this helps!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join