481, Lobar pneumonia is a type of pneumonia, it does not refer to the site (lobe).
Lobar pneumonia and pneumonia of the right lower lobe are not the same. Pneumonia of right
lower lobe without specification is coded to 486. Lobar pneumonia is a synonym for
pneumococcal pneumonia, coded 481. (See Coding Clinic, March-April 1985, page 6.)
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join