Nerve stimulation for determination of level of paralysis or localization of nerve(s). (Codes for EMG services are for diagnostic purposes for nerve dysfunction. To report these codes a complete diagnostic report must be present in the medical record.)
Chapter 2 page 7
Above from the NCCI manual stating nerve stimulation for location of nerve(s) not separately reportable.
As seen below with 64455 they state morton's neuroma can be billed with a nerve block code, I don't know if the means 64450 can also be reported for the LE nerve block you are reporting for blocking a neuroma
Injection(s), anesthetic agent and/or steroid, plantar common digital nerve(s) (eg, Mortonâ€™s neuroma)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join