This link might help:
Question 1: If we do a IVPB test dose of a chemo drug (1 hr infusion time) then administer the remainder of the drug over 2 hours, is the test dose coded as additional or sequential?
Question 2: If we do an IVP as a test dose on a chemo drug then an infusion of the drug IVPB, how do we code? Include the push time or code separately for the IVP?
I have no reference to provide for these questions, however, I believe in Question one the test dose infusion of the chemo drug will be your initial infusion with the remainder of the drug billed as additional hours even if there is a short interval between these two services. The Scenario #2...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join