At least one of the Medicare Carriers (Trailblazer - see above web link) has an LCD that shows V12.72 personal history of colon polyps is considered medical necessity for a diagnostic colonoscopy.
Ingenix's EncoderPro coding software also shows V12.72 supports medical necessity for a diagnostic colonoscopy.
Check with your area's Medicare Carrier and your commercial payors to see if they have the same policy.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join