AAPC - Back to school

Thread: quick refresher on U/S

Default quick refresher on U/S

AAPC: Back to School
    We are looking at performing U/s of abd and pelvis in office. can you bill a 76700 and a 76856 on the same encounter? I am guesing you would need a 51 mod and the pelvis would get paid at 50%. Thanks for any help...

Columbus GA

Performing both procedures the 76856 requires you to append a 59 modifier to the 76700. And I don't think they will be paying it at 50% but not sure what cut it will have.

Most recommendations I hear recently, including the CEMC study guide from the AAPC, instructs coders not to use modifier 51 at all, UNLESS specifically instructed to do so by the payer. So I would definitely agree with the above recommendation to use 59

Lashel CPC, CEMC

Thank you so much! you guys are awesome.

Similar Threads

1. Refresher Course
    By coder17 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2016, 12:53 PM
  2. refresher course
    By maryawinfield04 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 10:09 AM
  3. Refresher course ??
    By tionwudiachi in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 2