Above is a good link for this type of anatomy. I also had not seen anything from the AMA but 64400 seems like if you sent the question to the AMA Network they would state it would accurate reporting such as other codes they suggest that the wording it is not necessarily in the descriptor. I think 64605 or 64610 for radiofrequency of the gasserian ganglion is definetly more appropriate than 61790 Creation of lesion by stereotactic method, percutaneous, by neurolytic agent (eg, alcohol, thermal, electrical, radiofrequency); gasserian ganglion----If you are not using a "stereotatic method" which from what I have seen would not be fluoroscopy.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join