We are feeling your pain!! We have 8 docs of different specialties performing services from EKG to valve replacements at our hospital with different coders for all the different services. We have begun keeping spreadsheets on the patient so we can track when modifiers are needed as well as tracking global services. Its a pain but we are sending out clean claims and its working so far.
Its nothing fancy. Its just a simple spreadsheet with all our docs split by specialty. Then as we receive charges from the different docs - E/M, echoes, EKGs, caths, surgery..... we add a spreadsheet to our collection and track the patient. Its still evolving as we have had several different versions but it's really helping with the -25 and -57 + globals. Its worth the time and effort for clean claims.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join