I am having a problem with coding Dextrose when used in a hydration for a patient. I am given IV NS 1000 ml Bolus IV D50 19g mixed in IV bag, but besides the 96360 and J7030 I am not sure on how to code for the dextrose for this patient. I have looked at the HCPCS book and it has the J7042 which is for Dextrose 5% / normal saline solution, but I am not sure which code to use. Then what happens when we give a different dose of dextrose such as 9gms, 12gms, 25gms?? Can anyone help me out??? Thanks!!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join