Just hoping for some other opinions on whether I should just code this as a flex sig or if I should bill as colonoscopy with 52 modifier.
Flexible sigmoidoscopy, truncated colonoscopy.
The patient was brought to the endoscopy room. After attainment of sufficient MAC anesthesia, a digital examination of the rectum was carried out. The scope was moved through the rectal vault and into the sigmoid. We really could not get the scope to go any further _____ disrupting thing made quite an attempt to get around being very gentle, but eventually we just abandoned the procedure, decompressed her and removed the scope from her.
She tolerated the procedure well. This was a flexible sigmoidoscopy with intent on doing a colonoscopy, but truncated because of the patient's colovaginal fistula.
The patient tolerated the procedure quite well.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join