For a newborn, the primary diagnosis code should be V30.00 Single liveborn born in hospital delivered without cesarean section or V30.01 Single liveborn born in hospital delivered by cesarean section.
Of course if they are twins, triplets, etc use the multipe codes and any additional diagnosis, newborn jaundice (774.6) or a circumcision done while in the hospital (V50.2), etc. should be sequenced secondary.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join