Really really briefly:
414.00 Atherosclerotic coronary artery disease specifically refers to the arterial vessels directing blood flow to the cardiac tissues, most prominately (though not exclusively) the myocardium.
Conditions associated with 414.0 deal directly with accumulation of plaque in these vessels. Clinical manifestations relate to damage to or death of issues receiving blood flow from these arteries. Note, reduced blood flow through these vessels due to any other cause would be a different condition, i.e. Thrombus, embolus, spasm, trauma.
492.2 cardiovascular disease refers to all the organs of the cardiovascular system, arteries, capillaries, veins and the heart and its associated vessels. Clinical manifestations relate to damage or death of tissues that receive arterial blood and or send venous blood from or to the heart respectively, including tissues of the heart itself. So basically, most every organ/tissue is or can be affected by cardiovascular disease. Also, cardiovascular disease does not specifiy the mechanism of the failure.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join