92982 LDI have another one that I think I have, but want to check to make sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Indications: A 70 year old with history of coronary disease, status post prior bypass graft surgery presents for scheduled PCI following no in-stent restenosis of the proximal stent within the vein graft to the PDA.
Procedures Performed: Balloon angioplasty of the saphenous vein graft to the PDA with a 4.0 x 15 mm Quantum balloon.
Procedure in Detail: After obtaining informed consent, the patient was transferred to the cardia catheterization laboratory in stable condition. The patient was draped and prepped in a sterile fashion. The right groin was anesthetized locally using 1% lidocaine. The right femoral is cannulated using modified Seldinger technique, and a 6 French arterial sheath was introduced. A multipurpose guide catheter was advanced into the saphenous vein graft without difficulty. A filter wire was deployed using standard technique. The proximal stent was dilated for in stent restenosis using a 4.0 x 15 mm Quantum balloon taken to high pressure. After multiple inflations, the angiographic result was excellent with 0% residual stenosis and TIMI 3 flow.
Impression: Successful balloon angioplasty of the saphenous vein graft to the diagonal branch for in stent restenosis with a 4.0 x 15 mm Quantum balloon.
I think I would code 92980 LD.
Is this correct?
92980 is a stent code. You need the angioplasty code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join