1. Although I don't know if they state this is the forum disclaimer, I have seen it stated that in a coding forum, other forum members can not suggest how much to charge for another list members chargemaster/fee schedule amount, it can be considered price fixing.
In the above link Medicare pricing can be found
J7335 Capsaicin 8% patch 10 SQ CM 25.554
If you are billing 28 units to represent 280 Sq cm (20cm x 14cm) for placement of a whole patch, you can look at the reimbursement and use internal methods to determine appropriate chargemaster/fee schedule amount from there.
Below is an example of a Medicare carrier stating 64999 is appropriate reporting; whereas, I had also seen on an internet search another Medicare carrier stating it is included in the EM
"Reporting a separate service for application of QutenzaÂ® is permitted. Such a service must be reported with NOC code 64999. No other neurologic or drug administration service code is appropriate for reporting application of QutenzaÂ®."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join