You absolutely do not bill with a modifier 58. The definition of modifier 58 is stated or related procedure during the postoperative period. Since the patient never left the OR there is no post op period. You would bill the second code with a 51 modifier and would bill them all on the same charge ticket not as two separate claims. If the dr disagrees tell him that the patient was not put under anesthesia twice, it was one operative session and the did not have two different pre-op periods and post op periods.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join