Yes, you would need the 26. This is because the physician does not own the equipment to do the hearth cath (catheter, sedation drugs ect).
If he does a stent in addition to the Hearth cath you will need to append modifier 59 to the cath otherwise it will be denied as included in another procedure.
IVUS 92978 - 26 as well
If physician does PTCA and Stent, only bill for stent.
Aortography is also seperately reported 93567
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join